Monday 2 March 2015

A Letter to my Kula


Dear Students

When I got back from vacation, I wasn't surprised to hear that the teacher filling in for me had thoroughly enjoyed teaching you all. She commented on what a committed group of yogis you were, and also how supportive and kind you are to one another. She called you a 'kula', which is a Sanskrit word for community, often referred to in the yoga circles.

I wholeheartedly agree. You are a special group that embodies those traits, and I've always felt grateful for having the opportunity to share this practise with you.

When we come to a yoga class, often we speak of the internal process, the inquiry into one's own experience. But when interaction also extends outwardly to one another, then it blossoms into something even bigger. You are an example of that 'blossoming' where a positive atmosphere of good will elevates the heart and spirit all around.

So thank you for offering yourselves to others with friendliness and good humour, and being such an example of what kula is all about.

Namaste _/l\_

No comments:

Post a Comment